Workers who test positive to COVID-19 via rapid antigen tests are now eligible to access the $750 Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment offered through Centrelink on behalf of Services Australia.
RAT results are now accepted alongside those recorded by regular PCR lab tests to ensure the payment is available for all who need it.
People who’ve lost at least a day of work due to being COVID positive, caring for someone who is, or who meet the definition of a close contact, may be eligible for up to $750.
Here’s what you need to know about the Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment.
The following information has been supplied by Services Australia.
Who can apply for the $750 Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment?
You may be eligible if you’re unable to work and earn income because you or someone you’re caring for has to self-isolate or quarantine due to COVID-19.
You have to self-isolate or quarantine for one of the following reasons:
- you have COVID-19
- you’re informed by a health official that you’re a close contact with a person who has COVID-19
- you care for a child, 16 years or under, who has COVID-19
- you’re informed by a health official that a child you care for who is 16 years or under, is a close contact with a person who has COVID-19
- you’re caring for someone who has COVID-19
- you’re caring for someone with disability or a severe medical condition who must self-isolate or quarantine because they’re a close contact of a person with COVID-19. You must be living in the same household as the person with disability or a severe medical condition.
No Comment! Be the first one.